GREAT SAUCE FOR GOOD
CHICAGO SAUCE EST> 2003
Co-op Sauce works with Midwestern farmers and raises money for youth arts and Entrepreneurship programs in Chicago.
DON'T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT...
• The hot-sauce trials — Time Out New York
• A love letter to Chicago, signed in hot sauce — The Huffington Post
• Co-op sauce moving to Rogers Park, to become private company — Grub Street Chicago
• Co-op Sauce moves to Rogers Park — Gapers Block
• Co-op Sauce Green Zebra Apple Butter — Daily Candy
• ‘Co-op’ teaches Chicago kids green business — ABC Local News
• Sauce boss — Time Out Chicago
• Chile chief — Tasting Table
• One Bite: Co-op Image Hot Sauce — Chicago Reader
We couldn't do what we do without the amazing partnerships that we've forged with other amazing like minded makers.
All of our recipes are hatched from Mr. Mike Bancroft’s very own imagination, utilizing wild ferments, koji, and barrel aging (to name a few). The sauces are built to enhance food and flavor, rather than overwhelm it, but Our biggest inspiration comes from our mid-best farmer friends some of which we’ve been growing with for > 15 years.
Breakfast of champions! We have been serving these Crumb Chicago focaccia beauties everyday at our cafe since 2012 and we’ve only used one sauce: Co-op Sauce Ragu Diablo.